My First Baby Meme

Posted by Liz McCoy Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jack - Clown 10-28-07 020.jpg - IrfanView (Zoom  614 x 922) 10 28 2007 2 24 05 PM
Okay I’ve been tagged by my cousin sarah to complete this meme.  All questions relating to my first child (for me the only child).

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Excited, Happy, Nervous, Elated!

3. How old were you? 25

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? The first month we tried we tested and it was negative. A few weeks later we were getting ready to go out to dinner with some friends and I had to go pee really bad and thought hey why not just take a pregnancy test for the heck of it we had one left over from the first time.  I yelled for dh and we waited and could NOT believe it was showing 2 lines!!  What??  We were running late for dinner so we said afterwards we’ll go by Target and get another test just to be sure.  Of course that was one of the LONGEST dinners we ever had.  Went back home and took the test again and what do you know it was POSITIVE!!  We were preggers!!  Just writing about it now makes me teary eyed and happy thinking about the pure excitement of finding out.  What a blessing!

5. Who did you tell first? We told my mom first.  Everyone else we waited until we were 3 months + along.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes…at 13 weeks. I am a planner and just HAD HAD HAD to know the sex as far in advance as I could.

7. Due date: July 26

8. Did you deliver child early or late? 1 week early

9. Did you have morning sickness? Nope.  I thank God for the wonderful pregnancy that we had and am believing for the next one to go so smoothly.

10. What did you crave? Only had 1 craving and only had it once…a funnel cake.  Had to make it myself but it was worth it and oh so yummy!!!

11. Who irritated you the most? I don’t think I got irritated…maybe I should ask hubby on that one???

12. What was your first child's sex? Boy! Exactly what we were believing for.  God is Great!

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? I have no idea.  Just remember once gaining 10 pounds in like 2 or 3 weeks and the drs not too happy about it.  Of course it was mostly all baby!

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Nope.

15. Where did you give birth to your child? At the hospital.

16. How many hours were you in labor? not very long  3 am started…7am left for the hospital…2pm the baby was born.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? Hubby with my mom in the back seat

18. Who watched? Hubby, Mom, and sister becca (the photographer)

19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Yes. I was so flustered and nervous b/c he was a week early I didn’t think I was ready. The first set of drugs calmed me very much.  Then I went for the epidural and thank goodness I did b/c he was a BIG boy!

20. How much did your child weigh? 8lbs 11oz

21. Why did you name him/her the name you picked? We had his first name Jack and we knew we liked how it sounded b/c of the character on Law & Order with the same name.  For his middle name it took us a long time to figure out what we thought worked with Jack.  We would come to each other with middle name options and see how we liked the way his first name and middle name sounded together.  Finally while watching L&O SVU the character Elliot Stabler was on and and I said to dh what about Elliott for his middle name? And there you have it our son got his name from the Law & Order series :-)

I going to tag: Amanda, Meg, my cousin tina, my cousin angela


blog comments powered by Disqus
Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda FazaniInstalled by CahayaBiru.com

About Me